Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 BUG of changing signature

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ndh Posted - Sep 29 2012 : 08:30:35 AM
When changing signature, VA pop warning : "Did not find any references that need to be updated.". But it misses the comment.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Nov 18 2013 : 3:20:32 PM
Change Signature was overhauled in build 2007.
case=9978 is fixed in build 2007.
accord Posted - Oct 05 2012 : 3:49:59 PM
Thanks. The mentioned case=9978 covers your needs.
ndh Posted - Oct 02 2012 : 9:46:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by accord

Thank you for the explanation. We are considering doing something like this, at some point, via showing the rename dialog if there is any matching comments, so the function name could be changed if the user wanted to do so:

case=9978

Is that what you meant?

Yes, changing signature looks like rename.If the function is not referenced by others expect the comments, "rename" will still pop the choose window,but "change signature" will not.
accord Posted - Oct 02 2012 : 12:13:43 PM
Thank you for the explanation. We are considering doing something like this, at some point, via showing the rename dialog if there is any matching comments, so the function name could be changed if the user wanted to do so:

case=9978

Is that what you meant?
ndh Posted - Oct 01 2012 : 11:02:54 PM
Hi-?-?I declare a function and then I create the implementation using VA (with comment), then I change the signature. When finishing changing the signature, VA pop warning : "Did not find any references that need to be updated." after changing the signature.The signature was changed but the comment not.If the new function referenced at any other places , VA will not pop warning, but pop a window to let you choose whether change the comment.
accord Posted - Oct 01 2012 : 1:49:42 PM
You mean, the function's name was mentioned in a comment? If so, it is intentional, since VA can't be sure if it's a reference or just a word that matches, especially with shorter words, like with a function name "Update".

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000