Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 const & static keyword using different color

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jzq740176597 Posted - Apr 09 2012 : 02:52:03 AM
Like the title,const & static keyword using different color with other normal keyword to help the user to recognise them more easily will do some sense in my prespective.
I need to find the static-func or vitual-func in a long class definition when I scan someone's code.It's frequent,and will be a time-waste and boring work
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 11 2012 : 12:07:33 PM
What find command are you using? The size of the solution should not matter if you are simply using CTRL-F, IDE Edit menu -> Find and Replace -> Quick Find. If you are doing a find in files then this is likely to be a lot slower, and produce a lot more results.

If you are just doing a quick find, you can map a keyboard shortcut to the command:

VAssistX.FindSelected

I have mapped CTRL-K to this personally. Assuming you have turned on:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Display -> Highlight find results

this will highlight all instances of the symbol the caret is currently sitting in, and this should happen basically instantly, without having to show and accept the IDE find dialog.

You can also try turning on:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Refactoring -> Automatically highlight references to symbol under cursor

which will again highlight all instances of the symbol under the caret, but this will change the highlighting as the caret moves into a new symbol.
jzq740176597 Posted - Apr 10 2012 : 10:18:48 PM
quote:
Why don't you do a find for "static" or "virtual"?

I have tried this method. May because of there are Many vitual or Static keywords in a project,The find-speed is so slow.
Otherside,when I scan the code,It's kind of frequent work to Do the Find.It's will waste lots of time,isn't it?
And If in the middle of work I need to do a Find for other symbol,I must do another find if I continue to scan the Vitual/Static func.
I want it ready-here and Real-time Highlight for that.
So I think the coloring-scheme will be the ideal solution.
BTW,The const is also a especial keyword than regular,I think they can be other coloring or as least has the option to Set it Just like the 2 metioned above.
feline Posted - Apr 10 2012 : 1:52:25 PM
Why don't you do a find for "static" or "virtual"? This should be much faster than visually scanning the code for these keywords, and if you turn on:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Display -> Highlight find results

then VA will highlight all instances of your search string.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000