Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Renaming SL UserControl does not rename in xaml

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HBTeun Posted - Dec 14 2011 : 09:22:32 AM
Hi,

I just noticed that renaming a Silverlight UserControl does not rename the last selected/enabled option in a xaml file.

Visual Studio 2010 SP1
VAX: 10.6.1859.0 built 2011-10-02
Silverlight 5 C# project

Greetings,
Teun
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Feb 25 2013 : 12:38:32 PM
case=63375 is related to case=63374 and is fixed in build 1929
accord Posted - Dec 15 2011 : 9:12:41 PM
*ah* Yes. I was misled This was implemented already, but the case was left open to do some additional improvements. I was careless.

I was able to reproduce your problem:

case=63375

It seems that it works if you open the .xaml file first. VA also tries to open it but the .xaml won't be updated if you don't open or switch to the file manually before doing the rename.
HBTeun Posted - Dec 15 2011 : 08:13:13 AM
I used the option from the VA Refactor context menu in the UserControl code behind.

The window lists the options from the xaml file, but it does not change the last selected option. If you have 3 options selected it changes only the first 2 and if you only have 1 selected it changes 0.
accord Posted - Dec 15 2011 : 08:06:26 AM
You used VA Rename? We are considering to scan inside XAML files for Rename and Find References:

case=15915

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000