Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Completion in Search/Replace window

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Mar 09 2023 : 11:32:33 AM
The new VS2022 search and replace dialog is all good and useful, but I really would like to have completion functionality in the edit fields. From what I read, this window is extendable or so, maybe not even that much work to plug that in there.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Mar 23 2023 : 06:57:24 AM
This doesn't work in VS2022 in the CTRL-F dialog for me. I have tried with and without regular expression searching.

In Visual Studio Find regular expression syntax, which is different to other regular expression syntax, \b is the marker for the start or end of a word.
superzmy Posted - Mar 23 2023 : 12:12:01 AM
you can use :anythingYouWant: to search a complite word.
search :find: and you will not get function find_if.
feline Posted - Mar 10 2023 : 07:10:20 AM
I am wondering if this should be something you trigger, perhaps with CTRL-SPACE, since I know a lot of the time I am not searching for a whole symbol when I use the find box. I am either searching for part of a symbol name, or a word I expect to be in a string or a comment. Obviously VA won't be much use with that.

It turns out this idea has come up once before:

case=142137
Uniwares Posted - Mar 10 2023 : 04:20:51 AM
Both are useful. A listbox while typing would be great, maybe even as an option to enable, like the existing "whole word", "Aa" and RegEx options.
feline Posted - Mar 09 2023 : 1:42:30 PM
Just to be sure, do you mean the small one that docks in the top right hand corner of the editor window, Ctrl+H for me:

IDE Edit menu -> Find and Replace -> Quick Replace

or the floating dialog, Ctrl+Shift+H for me

IDE Edit menu -> Find and Replace -> Replace in Files

I am assuming a listbox as if you were typing on a blank line at the current scope would work well enough.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000