Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA+VS2022: UI issues

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Jan 20 2023 : 07:25:52 AM
I have never seen this before:

Only the upper dropdowns/edits are active, the other seem a shadow copy.

This is under VS 17.4.4, happened once, and interestingly in all 4 open VS instances at the same time. Closing/reopening a document window would not change anything.

After closing all VS instances, all went back to normal.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Uniwares Posted - Feb 09 2023 : 12:23:03 PM
Both occurrences on the same machine, although I use two. Windows 10, VS2022 17.4.4
feline Posted - Feb 09 2023 : 11:56:42 AM
So much for that theory. It was never a good theory to begin with, to be honest. We have one other report of this, but so far you seem to be the only person getting this more than once. So no other systems to compare to for common factors.

Do you work on more than one system, or only one system?
Uniwares Posted - Feb 09 2023 : 06:15:25 AM
Nope, only c# projects. Occasionally YAML files, but dont recall any editing before, during or after those events.
feline Posted - Feb 09 2023 : 06:06:44 AM
Are you just working in .cs files at the moment, or other file types as well? I recall an odd problem with the navigation bar that could be triggered in, I think, XAML files that contained an error. So I am just wondering if something like that could be happening here.
Uniwares Posted - Feb 08 2023 : 10:51:12 AM
Just had the almost same experience again, this time with a only double size nav bar and go button. No idea what could possibly trigger it. Resizing the document window resolved it though.
feline Posted - Jan 23 2023 : 08:14:53 AM
For easy reference, the other report of this is here, but no good idea for why that this happens there either:

https://forums.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20427
Uniwares Posted - Jan 23 2023 : 07:44:20 AM
Might be related to hibernating but cant confirm. Happened only once so far, but my feeling is that its related to the bug where the nav bar goes off the editor window and gets stuck to the screen top, but thats just gut feeling.
feline Posted - Jan 23 2023 : 07:35:08 AM
No particular sign that its monitor or DPI driven then.

Any thoughts on a possible trigger? Or does this seem completely random?
Uniwares Posted - Jan 20 2023 : 12:32:15 PM
Dual monitor, different DPI, but using VS only on one monitor always.
feline Posted - Jan 20 2023 : 11:47:47 AM
We have one other user who has just run into something that looks identical, but so far no idea what the trigger is.

Are you working with a single monitor or multiple monitors? If you are working with multiple monitors, do they have different DPI or refresh rate settings? This sort of reminds me of some DPI problems we had, but all of those are supposed to be fixed.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000