Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Cancel suggestion lists when using mouse scroll

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Jan 06 2023 : 05:21:49 AM
I see that often the suggestion lists come into my way when I am altering code.
Like this: I add a character to a symbol, an action I want to do repeatedly since a global replace or rename doesnt work. When typing the suggestion list pops up, but I already want to scroll to the next location with the mouse scroll wheel, now I have to cancel the list before I can scroll.
Would be nice to cancel the suggestion list when the mouse pointer is outside the list and the wheel is scrolling.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jan 09 2023 : 12:53:28 PM
I have described this as any listbox that doesn't have a scroll bar, even if it had one before being filtered down to a short list, since that seems the most reasonable approach.
Uniwares Posted - Jan 09 2023 : 06:51:56 AM
I guess this basic navigation issue applies to most/all lists.
feline Posted - Jan 09 2023 : 06:42:47 AM
This all makes sense, and I can see what you are looking for now, thank you for explaining. I have put in a feature request for this:

case=149000
Uniwares Posted - Jan 09 2023 : 04:21:44 AM
As I said, I would expect the list to either go away when scrolling with the mouse wheel, or scroll with the screen contents and eventually go away when off screen or I click somewhere else. But preferably I would like to see it go away when using the scroll wheel outside the list. Specially since the scroll wheel has no functionality inside the list, at least when the list is without scrollbars.
feline Posted - Jan 06 2023 : 11:36:00 AM
Are you looking to use the scroll wheel in place of the escape key? You still need to do something to tell VA you don't want the listbox, unless you want to selectively suppress listboxes in the first place.
Uniwares Posted - Jan 06 2023 : 06:24:53 AM
Nope, not the same, see here:

After typing the _ the list pops up, as expected, but I just want to ignore it and go along without having to press a key or click somewhere.
feline Posted - Jan 06 2023 : 05:45:13 AM
Just to make sure we are looking at and thinking the same thing, does mouse wheel scrolling do anything at all for you when a suggestion listbox is open? It does nothing for me, but it does scroll a full listbox. I used:

std::

to produce a full listbox. Just having the scroll wheel dismiss a listbox it interacts with is something I am not so sure about.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000