Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Sort selected lines case insensitive

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Captain Posted - Jul 14 2009 : 04:32:15 AM
Please make "Sort selected lines" case insensitive
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
FlawedLogic Posted - Nov 16 2022 : 10:07:56 AM
That would be even better. Thanks.
feline Posted - Nov 16 2022 : 07:17:16 AM
I actually expected the sort selected lines dialog to remember your choices, but apparently it doesn't, so I have put in a feature request for it to remember your choice from last time you did a sort:

case=148842
FlawedLogic Posted - Nov 16 2022 : 04:31:19 AM
Yeah, I'm seeing it. I was hoping this meant that there was a registry key that set the case-insensitive radio button on the dialogue by default so I don't have to keep manually selecting it. I guess I misunderstood.
feline Posted - Nov 15 2022 : 09:22:47 AM
There is no need for a registry key, when you trigger sort selected lines you get a dialog with 2 sets of radio buttons, allowing you to specify if you want the sort to be Assending / Descending, and also case-sensitive / case-insensitive.

Are you not seeing this dialog when you trigger a sort? The documentation shows a screen shot:

https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W175

You can suppress the dialog with the registry key "EnableSortLinesPrompt" as explained here:

https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W708

but if you do, sorting will be exclusively ascending and case-sensitive.
FlawedLogic Posted - Nov 10 2022 : 08:31:01 AM
I can't find what the registry key added for case 29858 is, how do I find out? Thanks.
sean Posted - Jul 18 2016 : 10:44:44 PM
case=29858 is implemented in build 2107.
feline Posted - Jul 20 2009 : 12:19:45 PM
I have put in a feature request for an option to set Sort Selected Lines to be case insensitive:

case=29858

For now you should be able to do this with an IDE macro. This macro shows how to grab several selected lines and do something with them:

http://support.wholetomato.com?W445

using this as a start point it should not be to difficult to grab the selected lines and sort them in memory. Then you just need to replace the selected text with the sorted text.
drac Posted - Jul 20 2009 : 05:48:13 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

Are you wanting sort lines to always be case insensitive, so a registry key option could turn this on and off, or are you looking for two separate commands, one case sensitive and one case insensitive?

Two options would be ideal: "Sort Selected Lines" and "Sort Selected Lines (case insensitive)", but a registry key would also be fine since I always want case insensitive comparison.

The comparison should use the locale settings for example:
Kuh
Arzt
B+?r
+?rzte

is sorted:
Arzt
B+?r
Kuh
+?rzte

instead of
Arzt
+?rzte
B+?r
Kuh
feline Posted - Jul 16 2009 : 4:02:22 PM
Are you wanting sort lines to always be case insensitive, so a registry key option could turn this on and off, or are you looking for two separate commands, one case sensitive and one case insensitive?
drac Posted - Jul 14 2009 : 05:04:18 AM
+1 vote.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000