Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA 2451 VaCodeInspectionsServer.exe

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
foxmuldr Posted - Jul 15 2022 : 11:02:35 AM
I do not have [ ] Enable Code Inspection checked in my configuration, but it's still launching the VaCodeInspectionsServer.exe process for each instance of Visual Studio.

Is there a way to prevent that app from running if the option's not enabled?

--
Rick C. Hodgin
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 19 2022 : 11:43:09 AM
Apologies for not being clear. Yes, we are looking to make the change, the feature request for this is case=118334. The feature request is basically not to create the process until actually required by code inspection, rather than creating it always on startup, as is currently happening.
foxmuldr Posted - Jul 19 2022 : 08:19:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline
The idea is that if Code Inspection is always disabled then the process won't be created. But once you enable Code Inspection, obviously, we will need to create the process.

Is this the planned change? Because I have mine disabled and it is launching one instance per instance of Visual Studio 2019.

--
Rick C. Hodgin

feline Posted - Jul 19 2022 : 05:52:52 AM
So not causing a problem, that is good to know.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The idea is that if Code Inspection is always disabled then the process won't be created. But once you enable Code Inspection, obviously, we will need to create the process.
foxmuldr Posted - Jul 18 2022 : 12:49:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by feline
Are you seeing any problems, or noticeable resource usage with this process?

No. I just noticed it consuming multiple process instances and system resources. It's only about 900 KB per instance (24 MB peak), 287 handles each, and 6 threads each.

quote:
We are looking to change how VA works, so this process is only created after Code Inspection is first used:

When am I using Code Inspection if it's disabled?

--
Rick C. Hodgin
feline Posted - Jul 18 2022 : 05:11:01 AM
We are looking to change how VA works, so this process is only created after Code Inspection is first used:

case=118334

Are you seeing any problems, or noticeable resource usage with this process?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000