Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Easily the most useful feature VA doesnt have, yet

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Jul 13 2022 : 06:51:51 AM
While we where talking about the "braces tooltips" and coloring, I got to test another extension from the marketplace which has one feature that VA definitely should have:

Beats context info for braces (and "rainbow braces") by many lengths, allows for context marking, context selection, jump to begin/end, and much more.

If it wasnt for all the other clutter in this "not to be named" extension, I would just keep it.

Please add this to VA. Once you tried this feature you cant live without it.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SvenR Posted - Sep 20 2022 : 07:56:53 AM
Thanks feline!
SvenR Posted - Sep 15 2022 : 11:49:44 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Uniwares

yes, the IDE offers the tooltips and structure lines. Please note that in my screenshot, the structure lines are in varying colors, have a context (vertical text), have at the end of each line the context that started it and allow for a bunch of actions clicking on the line or the hover buttons that appear on them.
They are interactive with the structure, not only informative. Seen imlemented like this in an extension available on the marketplace.

What's the name of this extension?
feline Posted - Aug 10 2022 : 10:50:05 AM
We are constantly working on both new features and bug fixes. VS2022 has been a big focus, and problems still crop up now and then. But I do understand, and new features are always something to look forward to.
Adequat Posted - Aug 10 2022 : 09:04:24 AM
quote:
I got to test another extension from the marketplace which has one feature that VA definitely should have:

Interesting. What extension precisely?
Indeed, we might be waiting a long time

At the risk of being cynical, the number of new feature additions has been on the decline for 2 or 3 years (since the VA Company was taken over?).

If only the number of new releases could equal the number of marketing emails I receive...
feline Posted - Jul 18 2022 : 09:26:48 AM
Interesting, I have added notes about this to our feature request for something similar. The idea has come up a few times over the years, and it is certainly something to look into and consider:

case=46223
feline Posted - Jul 15 2022 : 10:43:32 AM
If you don't mind can you email me the link / name of the extension, and I can try it here? The idea is interesting, I am just trying to get a clearer sense of how much this adds.
Uniwares Posted - Jul 14 2022 : 09:42:50 AM
yes, the IDE offers the tooltips and structure lines. Please note that in my screenshot, the structure lines are in varying colors, have a context (vertical text), have at the end of each line the context that started it and allow for a bunch of actions clicking on the line or the hover buttons that appear on them.
They are interactive with the structure, not only informative. Seen imlemented like this in an extension available on the marketplace.
feline Posted - Jul 14 2022 : 09:27:38 AM
Checking both VS2019 and VS2022, C++ and C#, the IDE is showing dotted lines indicating the indent level, and when you hover the mouse over the indent line, which is solid in this screen shot, you get a tooltip showing you the details of the surrounding scopes. This screen shot shows what I am seeing in C++ in VS2019:

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000