Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Better configuration sync options

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Jul 06 2022 : 05:07:08 AM
For someone that works on multiple machines, like me, its often difficult to restore the configuration in case of reinstallation and similar.
Yes, we can export the registry settings, which is kinda very 90's. Besides it seems that some of the settings exported may cause problems since there are absolute paths (like C:\users\username\...) stored in it.
So, I propose a more modern way of syncing settings, either be piggy-backing the VS sync itself, or at least a JSON export/import of the settings. Which shouldnt be much of a deal, just filter the .reg export and write a json instead.
But I really would like to see a VS Account Sync. (Or, if you must, since you already have an online account and profile on the idera site, use that for syncing). Or just let the user choose.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Uniwares Posted - Jul 06 2022 : 07:24:26 AM
There are far more tools to edit and process a json file than there are for reg files. But as I said, preferably the IDE sync would be the best option.
feline Posted - Jul 06 2022 : 07:22:37 AM
Why would exporting a JSON file be more useful than exporting a reg file? A JSON file cannot simply be imported, unlike a reg file, so I am not sure what this achieves on its own.

We are considering getting the IDE to sync VA settings:

case=96160

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000