Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Allow features in not-supported file types

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Dec 22 2021 : 11:24:51 AM
Some features of VA are pretty useful even in filetypes that per-se are not supported.

Specifically "Sort selected lines", "Spell check" and "Insert Path", they do not depend on any parsing or context, just plain content.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ChrisG Posted - Jan 04 2022 : 4:53:56 PM
We spell check comments and strings, so we would need to know the language for that. We can at least get that enabled in text files.

Sort Selected Lines and Insert Path are pretty type agnostic.

Thanks for the feedback!
feline Posted - Dec 23 2021 : 07:32:04 AM
The idea comes up in various forms every now and then, so it makes sense to just make a general request for this, so I have put in a feature request for this:

case=147570
Uniwares Posted - Dec 23 2021 : 06:11:24 AM
I guess that this should work in any file that is not binary. So if there is an parser or not doesn't really matter since we are talking about text based operations. So HTML, XML, CS, JS, TXT, etc. whatever it is.
feline Posted - Dec 23 2021 : 06:07:00 AM
Are you talking about text files, or possibly other code types of file as well? There are possibly different considerations for file types where an intellisense parser may well be active, compared to just plain text files.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000