Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Variables after UPROPERTY still indented with tab?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bibbins Posted - Mar 29 2021 : 12:39:08 PM
I have version 10.9.2399.0 of Visual Assist X and I'm using it with Unreal Engine 4.25 and Visual Studio 2019 (16.9.1)

I read on the features for for VAX that it fixes the problem with variables after UPROPERTY() being incorrectly indented. But on my machine they are indented automatically, and whenever I choose to reformat a section.

I've looked in the VAX options and not seen anything.

Are there any other settings I need to change to enable this feature?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 06 2021 : 07:19:31 AM
Unfortunately our bug system isn't publicly visible, but this thread should be updated when the case is fixed, also we list the fixes on our history of changes page, so you can see what has been fixed in each build:

https://support.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W404

you can also ask for updates on any bug, either here or via email.
bibbins Posted - Apr 02 2021 : 2:04:19 PM
Thank you for the reply. You mention a case ID in your reply, how can I see the details of that to see when it is resolved?
feline Posted - Mar 30 2021 : 10:24:51 AM
Apologies for the confusion. VA has been updated to correct the indent level as you are typing / editing code, but not when you tell the IDE to format a block of code. We are looking to get involved in the IDE format command, to make sure that the correct indenting gets applied then as well:

case=141666

As a partial work around, if you do an IDE find and replace, in Regex mode, do a find for:

^([ \t]+)((UCLASS|UINTERFACE|USTRUCT|UFUNCTION|UPROPERTY)\(.*)\n([ \t])+(\w)

and replace this with:

$1$2\n$1$5

this will help quite a bit.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000