Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA 2399: Color settings in VA vs VS

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Mar 25 2021 : 05:37:50 AM
When changing color settings in the VA options dialog "Coloring and Attributes", then the VS settings for those colors are not totally correct.
Foreground colors are set to "Custom" with the chosen color but background color are set to "Default" instead of "Automatic". This does give wrong background colors for dark mode in some editor situations.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Mar 30 2021 : 11:15:09 AM
Just to double check, you had previously set VA's background colours to automatic, before safemode changed them?

Do you normally run more than one instance of the IDE at a time, or just the one?

Can I get your current IDE and VA settings? From memory, last time I tried to use the Extension Manager extension to install a list of extensions, it just threw an error, so I am not sure if it will export a list for you or not, but maybe it will work. I can make sure my system is a good image of yours, but no idea if this will help me reproduce this or not.
Uniwares Posted - Mar 29 2021 : 04:05:08 AM
Popped up again after the safe mode problem with color settings, after setting the background colors back to automatic in the IDE settings, all was normal again.
feline Posted - Mar 26 2021 : 1:10:53 PM
Where are you seeing this problem? I have just called up my Uniwares system, and I am not seeing any obvious signs of the wrong background anywhere in C# code files. It has just been updated to VS2019 16.9.2
Uniwares Posted - Mar 26 2021 : 10:09:01 AM
Havent changed colors since ages (not counting re-importing settings after safe mode). Should be the same since the settings I sent to you. But obviously there are a few regressions in the latest VS releases.
feline Posted - Mar 26 2021 : 09:21:59 AM
I did a clean install of VA, using VS2019 with a white background (blue theme), and then switched the background to black, black theme, and all of the colouring and background colours look correct here for me. I have changed some foreground colours in VA's options dialog, and the backgrounds still look correct for me.

If I am remembering correctly, I got your IDE settings for this problem once before, and you had a different background colour set, apparently explicitly, in the IDE options dialog, which is why you were seeing this. But we could never work out why, or where that setting came from. I am wondering if this is the same problem again, or if something else is going on here.
Uniwares Posted - Mar 25 2021 : 09:09:55 AM
Yes, we had this some time ago where VA colored words in selected lines would have a slightly different background color than the rest. So basically just select some lines, the background is different between items with "default" and "automatic" setting.
feline Posted - Mar 25 2021 : 08:57:59 AM
What sort of editor situations? Is this something that I can easily trigger here?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000