Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA2399 Goto Related fails

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AdrianS Posted - Feb 04 2021 : 07:56:47 AM
I have several solutions where I have multiple copies of the solution (e.g. different revisions). I often reuse a Visual Studio instance to switch between those solution copies. Typically, I use the File|Recent Projects and Solutions to make the switch. Since installing VA2399, I am finding that the Goto Related command hangs while displaying a "Retrieving data for Goto Related menu..." dialog.

The hang occurs after one or two solution switches. The same occurs in both VS2015 and VS2019.

I have not been able to reproduce the problem while switching between unrelated solutions.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 05 2021 : 11:13:36 AM
We are hoping to get a fix for this fairly soon, since it is a regression. This thread should be updated when we release a new build with a fix.
AdrianS Posted - Feb 05 2021 : 08:35:28 AM
Thanks for the confirmation. I'll roll back for now.
feline Posted - Feb 04 2021 : 2:09:30 PM
Thank you for the clear bug report, I have put in a bug report for this:

case=144386

you might want to go back to VA 2389 for now, or close and reload the IDE when changing between versions of your solution.
feline Posted - Feb 04 2021 : 12:20:26 PM
I am seeing the problem here, I am just checking when we broke this before putting in a bug report.
AdrianS Posted - Feb 04 2021 : 08:23:29 AM
The problem started when I upgraded to a 2399 trial from 2366. I have never seen it before and the solution switch is something I have been doing since before Goto Related was introduced.

The solutions are C++ with about 2632 source files (per Open File in Solution) spread over 16 projects.

feline Posted - Feb 04 2021 : 08:05:29 AM
Do you remember if this ever happened with earlier versions of VA?

What programming language, or languages, are your solutions written in?

What sort of size are the solutions? How many files do you have in your solution?

If you open VA's Open File in Solution dialog (Alt-Shift-O) the title bar contains two numbers. The first number is the number of files currently listed, which changes as you filter the list. The second number is the total number of files in the list, which is normally the number of files in your solution. What is this second number?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000