Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 New Build "2021.1"

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pbrown Posted - Jan 28 2021 : 4:12:58 PM
I've had problems with Visual Studio 2019 crashing when I installed build 2393 a few months ago, and I fell back at the time to using build 2389. I was checking to see if there was a new build to try today and I see on the archives page:

https://support.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W891

that there is apparently some new build "2021.1" from a couple days ago.

| Visual Assist Build 2021.1
| requires software maintenance through 2021.01.26 (General release.)

The download URL

https://wholetomato.com/downloads/getBuild.asp?VA_X_Setup2399_0.exe

doesn't seem to work -- it just takes you back to the general downloads page.

A couple questions:

(1) Is there actually a new build 2399 available somewhere, or was this "2021.1" stuff just published prematurely.

(2) Does "2021.1" suggest that you're changing the naming/numbering scheme going forward?

Thanks,
Pat
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pbrown Posted - Jan 28 2021 : 4:26:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisG

Also, if you experience crashes please contact support. Crashing is not okay and if reverting fixed the issue for you we would love to know more.

Sorry, I never got around to reporting it. I will definitely try the new build when available and will update if I am still seeing problems with that version.
ChrisG Posted - Jan 28 2021 : 4:24:16 PM
Also, if you experience crashes please contact support. Crashing is not okay and if reverting fixed the issue for you we would love to know more.
ChrisG Posted - Jan 28 2021 : 4:16:13 PM
1) Prematurely, it should be available for download soon.

2) Yes. We think it's a much easier system to follow, for us as well. The old version still lives on as the VA_X.dll version, and is still used in some places internally.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000