Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA 2393: Peek definition window coloring errors

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Nov 13 2020 : 10:01:43 AM
Invoking "Peek Definition" (Alt+F12) on a symbol, brings up a "inline window" in which VA gets some coloring wrong, backgrounds especifically.

VS 2019 v16.8.1
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 16 2020 : 09:47:01 AM
That actually seems possible. I don't work with a dark background, but checking one of my main systems, that has been though quite a lot of IDE updates, "VA Method" has the background of "White", which should be "Default". Not something you would normally notice, so hard to know when it changed.
Uniwares Posted - Nov 16 2020 : 07:56:10 AM
My guess - some visual studio updates. They changed a few things, like theme settings.
feline Posted - Nov 16 2020 : 07:46:59 AM
Yes, we have seen some odd problems with your settings. Just to double check the basic situation, I have tried two tests.

Starting with a clean system, no VA, both times.

First test, load VS2019, set the theme to dark, and then install VA 2393. All of the VA background colours are set to default.

Second test, load VS2019, set the theme to blue, and then install VA 2393. Now change the theme to dark, and restart the IDE. All of the VA background colours are still set to default.

Doesn't prove much, but at least tells us that this shouldn't go wrong without some form of trigger, which is good news. Sadly it doesn't really give us any clues as to possible triggers.
Uniwares Posted - Nov 16 2020 : 07:17:26 AM
Reset all the "VA ..." color settings to default now, and the display is ok. Not sure what caused them to be "custom" instead of "default" or "automatic".
Uniwares Posted - Nov 14 2020 : 1:08:04 PM
Never touched those settings, but we had a similar issue with other settings once. Maybe something is messing with those settings?
feline Posted - Nov 14 2020 : 12:49:58 PM
Can you please look at:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> Display items = VA Class

and also the items "VA Method" and "VA Variable".

For me, with your settings, all three of these have the background colour set to "Custom", which is black. But if you change this to "Default", which is also black, then the background gets set correctly in the peak definition window for me.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000