Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Ignore ] key on Open File dialog

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kenny Posted - Nov 02 2020 : 03:56:55 AM
Sometimes I will type in ] by accident because it's very close to the enter key.

It would be great if VA can simply ignore that key on Open File in Solution dialog.
Similar improvement can be done for the Find Symbol dialog, List Members window, etc.

I am not sure if more keys should be ignored though. Maybe you can consider ignoring / too? These characters are invalid to be a part of a file name anyway.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 02 2020 : 08:46:19 AM
For the Alt-M list and Find Symbol dialog being able to use the [ and ] characters is important, so you can filter on array access operators.

For the Open File dialog the / character is used when searching the path of the file.

I have just checked in Windows 10, and Windows is quite happy to let me place [] into a filename, so we need to let you type this into the file name filter, since it is actually a valid character in filenames.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000