Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Alt+ G not working properly with UE4

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NachoAb Posted - Oct 05 2020 : 12:58:27 PM
Since some time ago (didn't know really), pressing Alt+G over a function, property... of UE4 source (I'm using UE4 precompiled version from Epic Launcher) it shows some options but none of them is the good one.
For example, doing Alt+G over GetPlayerState in a derived from ACharacter class, instead of showing me that function in ACharacter, it shows me all other places where GetPlayerState is defined in my code.
It seems like if VA is not parsing UE4 code although it is in VS solution.

Any way to get it working again?
Thanks,
Nacho
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 07 2020 : 10:38:17 AM
As a first check, what do you have:

VA Options -> Unreal Engine -> Enable support for Unreal Engine 4
When a solution contains a project named UE4
Always

set to?

Assuming you have Unreal Engine support turned On, and you have an Unreal Engine solution loaded, if you look at:

VA Options -> C/C++ Directories

and your list of stable include directories, has VA added all of the sub-directories inside your Unreal Engine install to this list of stable include directories? If not then VA is not properly picking up Unreal Engine on your system, and this may well explain the problems you are seeing.
NachoAb Posted - Oct 06 2020 : 10:00:58 AM
I've seen it is not only UE4 classes. Also my own classes some time aren't shown in Alt+G list

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000