Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 VA Hashtag reference

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Adequat Posted - Aug 14 2020 : 03:00:48 AM
I use VA Hashtag a lot but miss the following feature:
when a given Hashtag is used in several places, generally one is a "reference point" among all others, hence I wish it could be highlighted as such in both the Hashtag list and in the goto menu.

An example: let's say there is a long code comment to explain some system. I wish various parts of the code to be able to jump easily to that reference comment.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Aug 15 2020 : 10:38:13 AM
The syntax looks a little odd the first time you see it, but without doing something similar, I am not actually sure how we would mark a single instance of the hashtag as the "main" instance.
Adequat Posted - Aug 14 2020 : 2:05:26 PM
Thanks, I was not aware of this (https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W574#cross)
Not 100% what I imagined but probably good enough.
feline Posted - Aug 14 2020 : 10:34:42 AM
Are you aware of cross references for Hashtags? In this situation I would mark the main reference with a cross reference saying "main", so for example:

// main:#ExampleCrossReference
void functionHoldingManySections()
{
	// Alt-Shift-G on the hashtag here lists "references" and "cross-references" as sub-menus of hashtags
	// #ExampleCrossReference

}

this makes sure that it gets listed separately, so you can easily identify it, and jump to it from any of the other instances of the hashtag.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000