Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Suggestion list on closing brackets

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - May 04 2020 : 09:23:42 AM
Makes no sense to me and happens more often than acceptable. Selecting a region, typing { to enclose the selection with brackets and after the brackets are inserted the completion list pops up. I think the list is from VS, but it happens only after an VA action, like insert a snippet with selection.

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 05 2020 : 12:13:02 PM
I have replied via email. Still no progress here, but I am getting closer to having all of your extensions present here on my test system.
Uniwares Posted - May 05 2020 : 08:34:14 AM
just noticed it happens with "Comment/Uncomment selection" too. This is a VS editor feature but it happens only when invoked through keyboard (selecting lines and pressing / ). When invoked through the Edit menu, nothing happens.

With VA disabled it never happens anyhow.
Uniwares Posted - May 05 2020 : 04:28:29 AM
Interestingly it happens with the VATest profile too. Will send you the VS Info by email.
feline Posted - May 04 2020 : 2:33:31 PM
If you go to the IDE Help menu -> About Microsoft Visual Studio

Then the "Copy Info" button, this should list most, if not all of the installed extensions.

Another test, if you still have the test profile on hand, launched via:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /RootSuffix VATest

run this test profile and see if you see the same problem there?
Uniwares Posted - May 04 2020 : 1:11:17 PM
Pretty much always, any insert snippet with selection triggers it. The "{...}" snippet is just as it should be. So possibly its an VS extension that causes this happen. Although none of the ones currently installed is an editor extension. Not sure if there is a way to export the list of extensions.
feline Posted - May 04 2020 : 12:58:26 PM
Do you have a sense of how easy this is to trigger? 1 in 5? 1 in 50? 1 in 1,000?

I have your IDE and VA settings imported here, and I have tried 20 different, randomly selected, blocks of code in your Q7 solution, mouse selecting all of them as you have done here, and no sign of any problems or anything like this.

Do you have a situation where you can trigger this on demand?

Can you please look in the VA Snippet editor, set the language to C#, the type to "Surround With" and select the "{...}" snippet. For me, I have the following code:

{
	$end$$selected$
}

turning on show all characters there is one tab and 3 EOL here, nothing else. I am wondering if somehow your snippet could be different, and if so if this could be a factor.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000