Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 GotoMember menu > Derived Classes glitch

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Apr 27 2020 : 04:24:14 AM
This kinda doesnt look right. And clicking any of them doesnt go anywhere.

https://github.com/SixLabors/ImageSharp
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 29 2020 : 12:57:45 PM
Some of this is now happening with just your solution, and gets worse after Alt-G into the generated package source code, deep under %TEMP%.

I am glad I can finally reproduce this on demand.
Uniwares Posted - Apr 29 2020 : 12:14:48 PM
Usually only have the package itself, no local copies. But anyway, happy to see that its not only my machine going havoc.
feline Posted - Apr 29 2020 : 12:01:08 PM
I can trigger this problem on demand, by following these, rather contrived, steps:

* Trigger a VA symbol database rebuild and close all instances of IDE
* Load a single instance of VS2019 and load your Q7 solution
* Close the IDE and wait for process to close
* Load a single instance of VS2019 and load the ImageSharp solution, as downloaded from their GitHub page
* Trigger Alt-Shift-G on "Image"

It takes a VA symbol database rebuild to clear the problem, once triggered.

I have "trimmed" your Q7 solution down to a single small .cs file, so am fairly sure that the trigger is a solution referencing a NuGet package, and then the same instance of the VA symbol database seeing the "actual" NuGet package loaded in the IDE. Do any of your other solutions contain local copies of packages inside their source directory trees?

I have put in a bug report for this:

case=142203
Uniwares Posted - Apr 28 2020 : 12:47:54 PM
Wonderful. Am sure the devs will add lots of coal to your next xmas package (probably mine too).
feline Posted - Apr 28 2020 : 12:44:19 PM
I have made "progress". Starting with a VA symbol database rebuild, if I just load the ImageSharp solution I don't see this problem. But if I first load your Q7 solution, close the IDE, then load the ImageSharp solution then I get problems. So somehow the combination of both in VA's symbol database at the same time is the trigger for the problem.

I also guess that quite a few of your other strange problems stem from the same "problem", which I am now hunting for.

How do you manage this?
feline Posted - Apr 28 2020 : 06:59:28 AM
I am sure somewhere in the small print it says I reserve the right to complain when my perfectly sensible advice backfires
Uniwares Posted - Apr 27 2020 : 11:53:06 AM
You told me, "use VA GotoMember"... doing that now . Dont complain.
feline Posted - Apr 27 2020 : 11:44:39 AM
I am seeing the same problem here, and have reproduced it when downloading the full source code. Now learning more about C#

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000