Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Close suggestion list when completed

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Apr 13 2020 : 07:45:40 AM
In cases like the one shown on the image, the suggestion list should close itself since there is no further need for it. This usually gets in the way when replacing names manually, then the suggestion list remains open and one has to cancel it before moving on the the next line.

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Uniwares Posted - Apr 14 2020 : 4:02:38 PM
Yep, noticed that too. In the end, pressing esc, or any other key doesnt make much of a difference if I have to cancel the list manually. Anyway, good you can repro it.
feline Posted - Apr 14 2020 : 3:15:59 PM
File context makes a small amount of difference here, but I have this happening most of the time, certainly enough to put in a clear bug report:

case=142123

I have found that while Up and Down arrows don't close this listbox, Left, Right, Home and End do dismiss this listbox, which might help working around it slightly less irritating for you.
Uniwares Posted - Apr 14 2020 : 09:10:24 AM
Yes C# (and somehow I am close to disabling a few features of VA, there is so much that is not working quite right at the moment)

My current settings for the suggestion lists

feline Posted - Apr 14 2020 : 09:07:03 AM
Is this C# again, or C++? This doesn't look right, so I want to make sure I am testing the right language.
Uniwares Posted - Apr 14 2020 : 06:10:00 AM
This makes it somewhat better, but seems not to work always:

feline Posted - Apr 14 2020 : 04:57:28 AM
Have you tried turning on the setting for suggestion listboxes to close on an exact match?

https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W357

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000