Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Hide certain VA Hashtags by name

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Adequat Posted - Apr 06 2020 : 03:41:57 AM
I have a category of hashtags that are numerous and that I would like to hide from the VA Hashtags window, and only from there.

IOW, I would like to have a kind of regular expression filter, to exclude certain hashtags by name.

My use case is this: I use auto-generated names as hash tags, to navigate between code sections. My pattern is eg. #ref_7O3H2I6
I wish all these hashtags to be active, but no polute the VA Hashtags window.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Adequat Posted - Apr 07 2020 : 04:11:49 AM
quote:
Are new tags generated fairly often, or are they generated fairly slowly?

Often created. I use hashtags to create "hyperlinks" in my code, following an idea emitted in the past, there: https://forums.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16655

Which is, btw, and with hindsight, a very good code commenting help :)

quote:
Another option is to put something like "-ref_" in the filter edit control at the top of the VA Hashtags window

Great. I think this is sufficient.
sean Posted - Apr 06 2020 : 2:27:16 PM
Another option is to put something like "-ref_" in the filter edit control at the top of the VA Hashtags window.
feline Posted - Apr 06 2020 : 07:23:10 AM
Are new tags generated fairly often, or are they generated fairly slowly?

I am wondering if doing a file search for all of these tags, to generate a sorted unique list of the tags, which could then be written out in one go to the VA "filter these hashtags out of the display" file is a good solution. It should be fairly easy to extract the tags from your code, but if the list of tags is constantly growing this will tend to lag behind.

https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W574#global

and the file:

$(SOLUTIONDIR)\.va\shared\.vahashtags

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000