Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Create Method suggesting wrong var types

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Feb 09 2020 : 08:00:42 AM
In the method below, all parameters are int (as correctly suggested by VS), also note the duplicate variable name suggested.

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 11 2020 : 2:29:08 PM
Is there any chance of getting a copy of just these 3 files, for testing purposes only? I appreciate this is often not possible, but worth asking on the off chance. I can then see if I can reproduce this odd behaviour here with the files.

If so, please send me the files via email:

[email protected]

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.
Uniwares Posted - Feb 10 2020 : 07:50:48 AM
Both perfectly correct. So VA obviously knows the type. Might it be because the type is defined in a partial class which is distributed over 3 files? Its a auto generated class from the database.
feline Posted - Feb 10 2020 : 07:36:14 AM
Do you still have this example, or one like it, on hand?

If so, can you please place the caret into "ID" for the first two parameters, and see what VA is showing in it's Context and Definition fields. The type suggested should match the type VA thinks these parameters have, so this is a sensible place to start trying to understand the problem.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000