Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Weird Nav Bar bug

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Nov 26 2019 : 03:50:08 AM
My VS2019 just restarted after adding a LinqToSql diagram (buggy stuff), and I worked a bit in the diagram window. After I closed the diagram window, the following showed up:

Then, after I clicked in the MainForm.cs window (no other window had focus), the VA dialog came up:

After confirming OK, all was fine again and the VS nav bar disappeared as expected.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Uniwares Posted - Nov 28 2019 : 07:48:52 AM
Not in this installation. It only came up after this situation. All points to an settings bug in VS2019.
feline Posted - Nov 28 2019 : 07:06:06 AM
Do you remember if you had seen this dialog box before? The box should only be shown once, assuming you tell VA to turn off the IDE navigation bar.

Still, I would have expected this dialog to have appeared just after first installing VA and starting to work in your code.
Uniwares Posted - Nov 27 2019 : 08:50:20 AM
Happened only once, after it happened I confirmed not showing the VS bar. Even turning it on again, didnt show the same effect anymore.
feline Posted - Nov 27 2019 : 08:34:30 AM
Was this a one off problem, or has it happened again?

I have now found the missing component to get VS2019 to show me the LinqToSql diagram page, and when closing it to return to a .cs file, it did take several seconds the first time for the IDE to finish closing the tab and drawing the code tab. But once the drawing had finished there was no problem with showing the VA context and definition bar.

So it seems the trigger is not as simple as just closing this diagram.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000