Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Navigation bar and multiple Regions

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Nov 27 2019 : 06:39:23 AM
In auto-generated files like LinqToSQL classes, one can have many classes and each class has a region with the same name. Thus the navigation bar looks like this:

Would be very helpful to see a
#region whatevername (class XYZ)
in the navbar when multiple same name regions are present.

Not high importance, but useful
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Nov 29 2019 : 06:32:14 AM
If you don't use the regions in your code for navigation then hiding them from the Alt-M list may be easier.

Here VA is correctly reporting the name of the region. As soon as we start wanting to tell you what is inside the region it gets more messy, since what is the definition of what is inside the region? It can be a block of #include statements, a for loop, several classes, just lots of comments...
Uniwares Posted - Nov 28 2019 : 07:54:53 AM
I see, well, actually what (somehow) does what I was looking for is turning off "Sort alphabetically" then the regions appear in order as they are in the file. Still one has to look at the surrounding items to figure out where it belongs to.
feline Posted - Nov 28 2019 : 07:04:50 AM
With the Alt-M list open, have you tried right clicking, and turning Off

Include regions

this will remove the region lines from the outline, so in their place the the items inside the outline will instead be shown, which is exactly what you are looking for here.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000