Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 A request to enable better VsVim VaX co-existence

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
amoldeshpande Posted - Oct 26 2019 : 9:04:27 PM
Let me say first of all I have no relationship with VsVim other than being a happy user.

It is utterly frustrating to me that because of bugs in one or the other I have to turn VsVim off half the time when using it with VaX.

Would you guys consider giving the VsVim developers a license for a couple of copies of VaX so that they can better support the case where they are installed together ? Their product is free and open source, so I would guess they are not inclined to buy the software themselves.

As an example, Araxis Merge gives out free licenses to open source contributors. It would be great if you guys could at least do that for VsVim :)

thanks!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Oct 28 2019 : 4:56:43 PM
quote:
The most annoying one recently was when I made corrections to a function parameter list CPP file using the "." vi command, the IDE was putting "." characters in the function declaration in the header.

We will fix a few recently introduced problems in the next build. Can you please try our next build when it will be released and report back if this dot issue is solved?

For now, does unchecking the following setting prevent the problem for you?
Tools | Options | Environment | Tabs and Windows | Preview Tab | Allow new files to be opened in the preview tab
Go to Top of Page
amoldeshpande Posted - Oct 28 2019 : 4:29:12 PM
Well, I hit bugs every other day. The most annoying one recently was when I made corrections to a function parameter list CPP file using the "." vi command, the IDE was putting "." characters in the function declaration in the header. Since I never saw this before I had VaX, I must assume it's the combination of VsVim+VaX that causes it.

That being said, my point is not about specific bugs.

I know that quite a few people must use VsVim+VaX.

We could reduce the rigamarole around the user trying to figure out whose fault it is if we had the developers of VsVim able to test/repro with VaX.

feline Posted - Oct 28 2019 : 09:05:10 AM
We have quite a few users who also work with VsVim, and when bugs are reported we do try to make sure they get fixed. What problems are you currently seeing?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000