Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Export/Import Settings Does Not Xfer Syntax Colors

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jase439 Posted - Sep 27 2019 : 3:20:24 PM
Version: 2341.2
VS: 2019 16.3.1

When exporting settings (to .reg) from one instance of VS2019 and importing those same settings into another instance of VS2019 (different machine), the syntax colorings are not preserved and must be set manually.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 28 2019 : 07:04:23 AM
Sorry for the confusion. We are aware that exporting your current VA settings isn't quite as simple as it could be, and this is something we are looking to address one of these days:

case=79188
jase439 Posted - Sep 28 2019 : 03:24:11 AM
Ah OK. That's not immediately obvious, but good to know. It would be nice if VAX had an import settings function that would intelligently export and import all of its settings, regardless of how that information is stored on the backend. The .reg business is a bit hacky (and in this case, incomplete).
accord Posted - Sep 27 2019 : 9:34:56 PM
The colors are stored as Visual Studio settings. Can you please export and import those settings as well?

Tools -> Import and Export Settings...

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000