Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Namespace Coloring

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BigHands Posted - Feb 04 2010 : 07:51:18 AM
I would love a way to customize the color of namespace identifiers.
For example:

std::vector<int> foo;

std could be colored orange and vector blue.

I work with a lot of code that doesn't use "using namespace ..." and I believe this feature would help improve readability.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Sep 16 2019 : 04:30:58 AM
I'm glad your problem is now solved. Unfortunately, it can happen sometimes, but thankfully it's quite rare.
My understanding is that Visual Studio's coloring cache or coloring priority (the order in which things are drawn) is sometimes changed for some reason. The enable/disable cycle of Visual Assist in the extension manager resets the order.
manu Posted - Sep 16 2019 : 04:20:30 AM
Hello,

Same thing for me, after upgrade (2333 -> 2341.2), coloring is completely broken (only in Text Editor view, not VA Outline or others).
Disabling VA coloring makes things readable, but I would like to use VA coloring.

See attached image

All VA color parameters are gone from Font and Colors section in VS options.

Disabling/Enabling VA was enough to restore previous behavior: problem solved :)

I'm using VS2015.
feline Posted - Sep 06 2019 : 08:00:17 AM
Thank you for the update. You should not have had to do all of this, but I am glad that it has worked and fixed the problem. Hopefully everything will now work correctly for you.
Slm Posted - Sep 05 2019 : 04:33:34 AM
Going to Tools -> Extensions disabling and then enabling, whilst also deleting .vs folder, along with a reset to default fonts and colors in VS has managed to fix everything. Was sure I had done this yesterday so unsure if computer restart may have affected it in some way as well.
feline Posted - Sep 04 2019 : 2:44:38 PM
Which IDE are you using?

Have you restarted the IDE since installing Visual Assist?

Is this the first time you have installed Visual Assist on this machine, or have you upgraded a previously installed version of Visual Assist?

I have just checked both VS2017 and VS2019 with VA 2341.2, and this is working correctly for me in both IDE's, with the IDE set to the dark theme.

If you look in the IDE options dialog, do you have the entry:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> Display items = VA Namespace

this should be one of several VA items in the colour list in the IDE options dialog, and this allows you to set both the foreground and background colour used by VA for namespaces.
Slm Posted - Sep 04 2019 : 12:14:43 PM
No matter what I do on 2341.2 I cannot change the colour of namespaces. A lot of the color options appear to be broken when on Dark theme. I.e. they get overridden by VA's defaults in some cases, and not in others.

sean Posted - Jul 12 2019 : 3:11:55 PM
case=39380 is implemented in build 2341
https://support.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W404#2341
accord Posted - Feb 08 2010 : 03:41:59 AM
I have put in a feature request to see what the developers make of it:

case=39380

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000