Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Serial Number sent to me is not valid

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
OldTech Posted - Jul 18 2019 : 9:53:44 PM
This past Saturday, I purchased a license to Visual Assist and received my serial number on Monday (7/15). To the best of my knowledge, I followed the instructions precisely for creating and verifying an account on the IDERA portal and then trying to register the software with the serial number sent to me. Unfortunately, nothing worked. Every attempt resulted in: "Product registration failed (SR-2). Error message: The serial number provided is not valid."

I then tried the link listed in the dialog for "Use web registration if you have trouble connecting". This resulted in: "The following errors occurred while attempting registration: Bad serial number or authorization key."

Per the documentation, I sent a detailed email of this problem to [email protected] early Tuesday morning, but have heard nothing back. Early this morning, I called the Whole Tomato Software contact number and left a voice message for technical support, but again... have heard nothing back.

Posting this topic on the forum doesn't quite feel right, but I'm not sure what else to try. I'm using latest version of VS 2017 and VA. As far as I can tell, everything should be in order. Can any moderator help here?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
OldTech Posted - Jul 19 2019 : 05:42:29 AM
Thank you, ChrisG. I appreciate your help and direction here! Email has been dispatched.
ChrisG Posted - Jul 18 2019 : 10:05:26 PM
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

Please email [email protected] with the detailed email you sent licenses and I will see what I can do for you. It may take until tomorrow to fully resolve as most of us have gone home for the day.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000