Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 VSAssist Suggestions and Alt key

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gw1108 Posted - Mar 11 2019 : 6:47:01 PM
Intellisense suggestions will appear when pressing ctrl + space by default. With VSAssist off, if you press down left "Alt" and hold it down intellisense does not close. Releasing Alt does close intellisense.

If you enable VSAssist and enable suggestions (in my case Enable in C++), pressing Alt will immediately close intellisense suggestions.

This is a big deal for me since I have Alt+J and Alt+K bound to Edit.LineDown and Edit.LineUp respectively to quickly navigate intellisense without using the arrow keys. I'm not comfortable binding Edit.LineUp to Ctrl + K since that conflicts with a lot of default Visual Studio keybindings. Right now I'm just not enabling suggestions with Visual Assist and that works around the problem, but I'd prefer it if Alt had the same behavior with and without Visual Assist.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Mar 12 2019 : 08:31:34 AM
We are aware that we don't always notice different up and down mapped keyboard shortcuts in the listboxes. Partly this is because we are trying to make sure the VA listboxes don't get in the way. Still, I never noticed the alt key press vs alt key release effect here, so I have added this information to the case for this:

case=9668

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000