Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Includes expansion

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Phyronnaz Posted - Feb 27 2019 : 7:49:07 PM
It would be nice if there was an "expand include" option.

For instance, if I have the following include:
#include "MessageLog.h"

I'd like to expand it to
#include "Logging/MessageLog.h"

VA already know the full path of the include (shown in the VA bar when the cursor is on the include).
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Mar 02 2019 : 05:03:13 AM
Are you able to edit the project include path list, so that you are editing with the same include path list as you will be compiling with? This way VA will add the correct path in the first place, avoiding this problem.
Phyronnaz Posted - Mar 01 2019 : 1:22:19 PM
I'm developing plugins for Unreal Engine.
"MessageLog.h"
is in the project includes paths, so when using Add Include VA (correctly) includes it that way.
However when building the includes paths are different due to how plugins are built in UE, and the correct include is then
"Logging/MessageLog.h"

When using Add Include, I have to manually edit every include to correct it, which is fine, I'd just like VA to help me a bit in that task.
feline Posted - Mar 01 2019 : 07:39:23 AM
With the short include line, does the code compile?

I am trying to understand what your aim is here. If the code does not compile, and you need the directory name for the include file to be found, then VA should be offering Add Include, which should add the correct path to the filename in the include statement:

https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W177

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000