Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Find References in UE4 gives unrelated results

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CliffyP Posted - Feb 21 2019 : 12:47:53 PM
For example do a find references on the Spawn member function of any of the ParticleModule classes and you will get results like what is shown in the picture below:

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 22 2019 : 4:17:22 PM
That makes sense, I just wanted to check there wasn't some good reason why you would want VA to be searching inside the U* macros. I have put in a bug report for these macros being searched, since it does seem wrong:

case=137146
CliffyP Posted - Feb 22 2019 : 3:01:23 PM
UPROPERTY macro is just meta data stuff, I don't see why find references would look at it.
feline Posted - Feb 22 2019 : 10:04:59 AM
I am seeing the same problem here.

Is it ever going to be useful to have Find References search inside the UPROPERTY macros? What about other macros that take parameters? Or if you wanted to find all of the "Category=Spawn" lines would a simple find in files for this literal string be good enough?

I am wondering if we should be keeping these results, but able to filter them out in the Find References Results list, or to just ignore the UPROPERTY and other macro lines entirely when doing a search.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000