Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA Snippet and markdown file

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Adequat Posted - Apr 25 2018 : 04:08:26 AM
In your predefined snippets, you have two interesting ones:

"Markdown code lines"
"Markdown inline code"

Problem: if you open a markdown file (the common file extension is .md), then the VA menu "Surround with VA Snippet" is not available, which makes these snippets useless.

The .md files, which are a documentation standard, should benefit from the same VA support as comment sections in source code.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Jul 13 2018 : 2:47:28 PM
case=116064 is addressed in build 2283.
feline Posted - May 01 2018 : 12:47:38 PM
Good to know, thank you. I occasionally go hunting for code samples on Github, but haven't really looked at it beyond that. Always something new to learn :) Also good to know we haven't broken this, it's just not yet supported.
Adequat Posted - Apr 29 2018 : 01:39:52 AM
quote:
a markdown file is simply a txt file that uses markdown formatting?

Yes. The standard file extension is .md
This is really a standard today, especially with the advent of github.
feline Posted - Apr 27 2018 : 07:10:58 AM
I don't recall ever seeing those snippets myself, or dealing with markdown files, so I suspect you did add these yourself. That's only relevant because I am just checking that we have not lost snippet support for markdown files without anyone noticing

Out of interest, what is a "markdown" file? I am familiar with the concept of markdown as a standard for text formatting for websites, so am I correct in assuming that a markdown file is simply a txt file that uses markdown formatting?
Adequat Posted - Apr 26 2018 : 01:20:05 AM
Maybe I did those snippets many years ago then forgot ;)
But that does remove the problem. Thanks for opening a case.
sean Posted - Apr 25 2018 : 2:29:41 PM
I wasn't able to find those snippets. Are you seeing them in the VA Snippet Editor?

I've opened a case for at a minimum treating .md / .markdown similar to .txt: case=116064.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000