Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Add duplicate code detection.

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
clawton Posted - May 11 2018 : 1:13:09 PM
Add functionality that is similar to VS's code clone analysis.
At least for C#
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 12 2018 : 11:17:09 AM
Unfortunately this is not something we are currently considering doing. We are looking into the idea of having Extract Method look for duplicates of the extracted code, and offering to replace those as well with a function call, but this would be looking for exact matches, and based on code you are already extracting.
clawton Posted - May 11 2018 : 1:56:28 PM
Yes - this is the feature. It is only available in VS Enterprise so having similar functionality for those of us with only VS Professional would be great!

The feature request is for the whole solution.

See this open source tool that does great things (free for personal use but not commercial):
http://www.harukizaemon.com/simian/

Perhaps work with them to license and put a nice GUI on top?
feline Posted - May 11 2018 : 1:50:18 PM
Are you asking for this feature in C#, or asking for us to look at and try duplicating this C# feature? I don't recognise this feature, but a quick search got me to this page:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh205279.aspx

which talks about this being available in C#.

Are you trying to analyse your entire solution, or are you looking for VA to be more helpful when you are using Extract Method?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000