Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Show all overloads in Find Symbol and Goto Member

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zeblote Posted - Apr 18 2018 : 10:11:37 AM
I often use these to quickly check whether a certain API exists, so it would be very useful if they could show all overloads. For example:

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - May 03 2018 : 08:19:45 AM
If it was fixed, it wasn't via case=115868
Zeblote Posted - May 02 2018 : 11:57:45 PM
It's already being super useful too. Best bug fix :D
Zeblote Posted - May 02 2018 : 10:44:01 PM
This appears to be fixed in build 2270 (I now have over 100k new symbols!) but is not mentioned in the release notes. Can you confirm?
accord Posted - Apr 20 2018 : 08:14:19 AM
Thank you for the details. I was able to reproduce both problems and I've added steps to the case. These will be a good guide of what kind of problems are you seeing.
Zeblote Posted - Apr 19 2018 : 11:03:54 AM
Here's another random example of this:

Zeblote Posted - Apr 19 2018 : 10:59:53 AM
The file is part of Unreal Engine:
https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/ue4-on-github
https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/blob/release/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Public/Math/Vector.h
accord Posted - Apr 19 2018 : 10:14:48 AM
quote:
it looks like Find Symbol only shows the first found overload of any method.

I looked into this some more in a larger codebase and has found a case that fails - if one is inline and the other is not:

class OverloadTest
{
public:
	void Method1();
	void Method1(int a) {}
};

Although in your case something else is going on because non-of the overloads are inline.

Would it be possible to send the header file in where this occurs?
It would be kept private and only used for testing purposes. I know it's often not possible.

Otherwise, let's hope that when we got to this case, we may fix your case as well while doing general testing for this.
Zeblote Posted - Apr 19 2018 : 06:50:44 AM
No, it's in a header like usual. This is not isolated to this class anyways, it looks like Find Symbol only shows the first found overload of any method.
accord Posted - Apr 19 2018 : 02:46:15 AM
Is this class "FVector" defined in a cpp file? I'm able to repro the problem in a source file, but not in a header. I've put in a bug report for that:

case=115868

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000