Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Feature: "Rename Files" to handle generated.h

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zeblote Posted - Mar 17 2018 : 8:39:27 PM
If I'm renaming a header that has a generated.h include, it would be nice if it also updated the

#include "FileName.generated.h"

to

#include "NewFileName.generated.h"
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Sep 24 2018 : 2:28:19 PM
case=118239 is fixed in build 2291.
ChrisG Posted - Aug 06 2018 : 5:48:34 PM
Yes, this does seem to be an issue with 4.20.1. I have added a note to the case.

We will definitely be looking into this.

Thanks again!
Zeblote Posted - Aug 06 2018 : 4:04:30 PM
Yeah, that's the exact path. I've seen a bunch of reports where people have problems with intellisense not finding the generated headers in 4.20, could a missing include path in the project files be the issue here?
ChrisG Posted - Aug 06 2018 : 3:58:27 PM
Interesting, what is the full path to the BRCharacter.generated.h file? Is it something like the following?

c:\depot\brickadia\intermediate\build\win64\ue4editor\inc\brickadia\brcharacter.generated.h
Zeblote Posted - Aug 06 2018 : 3:51:43 PM
The generated header exists, since the project has been built before. However, it does not show in that menu and attempting to use VA to open it from the #include doesn't work. Maybe this is related to changes in 4.20?
ChrisG Posted - Aug 06 2018 : 3:22:32 PM
Hello Zeblote,

Currently, Visual Assist requires that the *.generated.h file exist for the include update to work properly. The *.generated.h files are created during build time.

If Visual Assist finds the *.generated.h file, you will see it listed under "Files to rename" in the Rename Files dialog.

I was also able to identify an issue that could cause the include update to fail even if the *.generated.h file exists, and have opened case 118239.

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to us!
Zeblote Posted - Aug 06 2018 : 05:51:41 AM
This does not appear to work in build 2283.2.

Before:

Rename:

Generated include not updated:

sean Posted - Jul 13 2018 : 3:26:43 PM
case=115255 is addressed in build 2283.
sean Posted - Mar 20 2018 : 8:58:49 PM
That would make sense. case=115255

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000