Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 OpenCorrespondingFile not matching .h/.tpp

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
illone Posted - Dec 21 2017 : 11:54:53 AM
Hi,

My template source files use .tpp extension. I've already added this extension to register "ExtSource"; and to Visual Studio file extensions in Options. (instructions from: https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W328)

"Open corresponding file" command does not respect this decision. In my .h 'paired' with a .tpp, it does nothing. For .h paired with a .cpp, it works file.

When on my .tpp, in visual studio menu, the "Open Corresponding File" menu button shows completely disabled.

====================================================

According to: https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W195

If Visual Assist cannot find a match, it will use default matching logic:
"For example, Alt+O in file.foo might open file.bar."

But my file.h isn't match file.tpp.

====================================================

VA_X.dll file version 10.9.2237.0 built 2017.10.03
DevEnv.exe version 15.0.27004.2009 Community
msenv.dll version 15.0.27004.2008
Comctl32.dll version 6.10.16299.64
Windows 10 10.0 Build 16299
8 processors (x86-64, WOW64)
Language info: 1252, 0x409

-- illone
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 23 2017 : 10:01:31 AM
Thank you for the update. At a guess, what probably happened here is that you edited the registry with at least once instance of the IDE still open. When the IDE closes VA saves out its current settings, which would have overwritten your changes, so undoing your edit. So long as everything is working well now, that's what matters.
illone Posted - Dec 23 2017 : 09:30:35 AM

Resetting ExtSource did the trick. I went back into registry and .tpp was missing.

This time I didn't do a Rebuild before closing the IDE. Not sure if that would reset the registry key or not? Or possibly I didn't put a trailing semi-colon? Not sure.

Thanks for assistance.

--illone
feline Posted - Dec 23 2017 : 07:43:29 AM
Testing this with VS2017 and VA 2237, I closed all instances of VS2017, and edited the registry key to become:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Whole Tomato\Visual Assist X\VANet15\ExtSource = ".c;.cpp;.cc;.cxx;.tli;.tpp;"

and then reloaded my test solution. VA is showing its context and definition fields at the top of the .tpp file, the Alt-M list works in the .tpp file, and alt-o is working correctly, swapping between the .h and .tpp files.

I then added the .tpp extension to the two IDE settings, as explained. Closing and reloading the .tpp file caused syntax colouring to start working normally.

Can you please close your IDE and make sure the registry setting was saved out correctly, and that the list of extensions ends with a semi-colon?

If you are not seeing any sign of VA in the .tpp file, it suggests this stage, at least, did not work correctly.
illone Posted - Dec 22 2017 : 3:46:05 PM
VA parsing nor VA coloring show up for .tpp files. .h and .tpp (as well as .cpp) Files are in the same folder.

-- illone
accord Posted - Dec 22 2017 : 3:01:13 PM
Does the parsing work correctly? Do you see VA features coming alive in .tpp files? Are the files inside the same folder?

I'm wondering if VA understands the new setup completely. I'll create a test scenario and see what will I end up with.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000