Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Goto Implementation, when declaration differs

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
OnlineCop Posted - Aug 10 2016 : 12:27:21 PM
The Unreal Editor does some specific name mangling with regards to its methods: a class might be defined as:
class AVoxelManager : public AActor
{
  bool LoadVoxels(int& OutVoxelsLoaded);
};

whereas the implementation of LoadVoxels would become:
bool AVoxelManager::LoadVoxels_Implementation(int& OutVoxelsLoaded) {...}
bool AVoxelManager::LoadVoxels_Validate(int& OutVoxelsLoaded) {...}

This mangling is consistent (always a _Validate and _Implementation suffix), but this messes with VAssistX's Goto Implementation (default: Alt-G) as the declaration differs from the definition(s).

Does Visual Assist X have something that lets a class method map to its counterpart which contains, perhaps, a user-defined list of suffixes (or prefixes)?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Mar 09 2017 : 12:15:02 AM
case=86215 is for improved Unreal Engine 4 support and is implemented in build 2210.
sean Posted - Aug 10 2016 : 9:30:26 PM
Feature request case=86215
accord Posted - Aug 10 2016 : 8:56:30 PM
Since Visual Assist don't know that the methods with _Validate and _Implementation suffixes are basically part of the same method, unfortunately alt+g will not work, and I don't see a way to configure it.

However, when you are over a declaration or at the call site, you can press ctrl+w to select the word (if this is your assigned shortcut to select the word), and then trigger the Find Symbol dialog (alt+shift+s), which will pick up the selected text and filter for the name immediately. I think this way it would be quicker to find what you are looking for. If you put a . (dot) before the method name and a _ (underscore) after it in Find Symbol dialog, it will only list the relevant methods for you.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000