Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Add open "History" to tool menu

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
xMRi Posted - Jun 22 2016 : 06:15:12 AM
I am a real fan of the auto recovery feature because it makes backups to my code and I can see minor changes in the history and I can recover old or new deleted code. Even having a source control in a development step it is nice to see the code evolution in a granular way.

And here my suggestion:
Finding the folder were the history is stored is complicated.
Add a menu command top open the explorer in this folder. Or show the folder in the settings and make it copyable.

I am always searching for the correct name because the extensions have now random folders. Here for one for VS-2013...
C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\Extensions\job5qbf0.5dg\Data\vs12\history

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Jul 18 2016 : 10:41:43 PM
case=98234 is implemented in build 2107 -- new button added on Performance page of VA Options dialog.
sean Posted - Jun 22 2016 : 2:19:40 PM
Yes, it would be nice to have easy access to the directory: case=98234.

We also have an open feature request for a more comprehensive UI to the content in the directory: case=97110

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000