Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Namespace completion

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lac Posted - Jun 07 2016 : 03:39:12 AM
I found that the completion options for enums in namespaces do not include the required namespace prefix:

In this context, the valid completions would be Foo::Bar::Red, Foo::Bar::Green, etc.

Further, it would be really cool if you could begin typing "Gre" in this context, and VAX would still add the require scope resolution (I.e. complete to Foo::Bar::Green). Currently you have to first complete the scope resolution (Foo::Bar::) before you can get completion on the enum members.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Jul 18 2016 : 10:39:47 PM
case=98073 is fixed in build 2107.
accord Posted - Jun 15 2016 : 8:43:59 PM
I was able to reproduce the problem here. Thank you for taking the time to send in the test project.

case=98073
feline Posted - Jun 14 2016 : 2:38:27 PM
That is a little confusing. Would you be able to send me your test solution, along with your IDE and VA settings? I can then test the same solution here, with the same settings, and see if I get the same behaviour. Your test solution should be the same as the default solution I tested here, but I did not get the problem here.

At this point I am assuming there is some key difference between your system and mine, but I am not sure what that difference or setting might be. Hopefully this will help. If you can do this, you can export your settings via:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.
lac Posted - Jun 14 2016 : 03:05:53 AM
I just rechecked (although the above was also) in a fresh Win32 Console project, all default settings. Same issue.

VAX 2102.
feline Posted - Jun 13 2016 : 7:19:25 PM
Do you have the time to test this in a new, default solution? Clearly something is going on here, but for me the effect is fragile, and keeps on disappearing. So I am wondering what the key difference is between your system and mine.
lac Posted - Jun 12 2016 : 05:16:58 AM
Nothing changes for me if I load/reload/restart solution/Visual Studio. Still no namespace context.
feline Posted - Jun 10 2016 : 11:21:37 AM
There seems to be something odd going on here, but I am not sure what yet. If you reload your solution, do you still get this problem? Or do you get the namespace included in the suggestion?

I am testing VS2015 Update 2 with VA 2102, and previously tested this with VA 2098. I can occasionally reproduce this, but after an IDE restart I always get the namespace included in the listbox. Which is odd, so I am wondering if the same pattern holds for you.
lac Posted - Jun 10 2016 : 01:27:49 AM
VS2015 Update 2 + VAX 2098
feline Posted - Jun 08 2016 : 11:31:46 PM
Which IDE and version of VA are you using? Testing this with VS2015 and VA 2098, with the same code, just renamed slightly to make sure I have unique names, the namespace is being included in the suggestion, and inserted correctly when I do this.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000