Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Steps to access the Document Method snippet?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Stub Posted - Jun 01 2016 : 05:02:43 AM
Hi Folks,

I've previously updated the Document Method snippet to format the comment block to my requirements. IIRC I used the $DATE_LOCALE$ to get the date format as "DD/MM/YYYY" but I just noticed today, 1st June 2016, that I'm now getting "\date 6/1/2016" which is clearly incorrect... ;) So I thought I'd check I still had the correct code in my snippet.

Your documentation for Document Method states that I "can modify the format of comment block by editing the VA Snippet for Document Method." but I am not finding this.

. I go to the VAssistX top-level menu.
. Select "Insert VA Snippet..."
. This pops up a context menu in my editor with "Edit VA Snippets..." as the last item.
. This takes me to the "VA Snippet Editor" but it does not list Document Method. I have DEFINE_GUID, a do/while item, a few Doxygen items, DWORD, "dynamic case..." and that's my lot.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using VS2015.update1, and VA v10.9.2098.0.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 02 2016 : 1:17:02 PM
Thank you for the update, and I am glad you found a solution. I have also occasionally seen Windows decide it wants US regional settings when telling it to do a UK install. No idea why, but it does tend to cause problems like these.
Stub Posted - Jun 02 2016 : 03:45:38 AM
Problem solved. Had to remove EnglishUS as a language in Windows10 to force it back to a EnglishUK display language. Quite why the upgrade put itself to UK keyboard and US display language I don't know. Removing EnglishUS was the only way I could sort the display language and hence the date format. All good now, absolutely nothing to do with VA!
Stub Posted - Jun 02 2016 : 03:12:32 AM
Aha! I did not spot that particular setting. I figured "All" would cover it.

I'm on Windows 10. I just upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 a few days ago. It is indeed the regional settings that are controlling this as I am definitely using "\date $DATE_LOCALE$" in my snippet, and I can see that Windows10 "Short date" format has changed to "M/d/yyyy" which is a daft setting in my view! Looks like my "Windows display language" is set to EnglishUS and that a UK language pack isn't available for some reason.

Okay, no problem, that explains it! Thought I'd start with checking my snippet and needed a hint on where to find it.

Thanks for that :)
feline Posted - Jun 01 2016 : 1:03:15 PM
Apologies for the confusion. Once you have opened the VA Snippet Editor, open the pull down list "Type" and set this to Refactoring. You will now be able to find the Document Method snippet in the list.

How did you set the date format? The $DATE_LOCALE$ token does not take any parameters, we just pick up your Windows date format settings. I have just double checked this, Windows 7, VS2015 Update 2, VA 2098, and my date is being entered in DD/MM/YYYY format, which is correct since I have my system set to United Kindgom date format.

If it looks looks like VA is picking up the wrong date format, which version of Windows are you using? What is your regional date and time formats set to, in Control Panel?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000