Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Log file to output window capability

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pwc Posted - Feb 08 2016 : 12:11:01 PM
It would be really nice to have the ability to create an output window in VS that can be populated from either a text file (browse for file) or pasted into from the clipboard.

We would use this to open output files from external tools that have their output in proper Visual Studio format, e.g.:

..\src\source\math\interpolatorgeneral.cpp(714): warning C6001: Using uninitialized memory 'range'.

The idea would be that we could then navigate to these files with F4, double clicking, etc. like you can for anything in the output windows that use the proper formatting.

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 29 2016 : 9:11:21 PM
That makes sense. Trying to work around this was worth a try, but here my suggestions won't help. I have put in a feature request for this to see what our developers make of this:

case=95379
pwc Posted - Feb 26 2016 : 4:02:40 PM
The output is from various code analysis tools (Microsoft, lint, etc.) that get run nightly on a server and produce these log files.
feline Posted - Feb 08 2016 : 12:50:07 PM
This looks like a "compiler" warning error. Are you using a replacement compiler here, or is this from a code checking tool?

I am wondering if you could tell the IDE you were using a different compiler, and then have the IDE directly grab the tool output, so it appears in the output window as expected. This might help point you in a useful direction:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19621551/g-compiler-on-visual-studio-2013?rq=1

I know I have come across references to using the IDE with a different compiler now and then, but I have never tried to do this myself.

If this "just worked" it would give you an immediate solution.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000