Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Split checkbox 'Surrond selection on / * { and #'

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
EugeneKozlov Posted - Nov 08 2015 : 11:57:34 PM
Hello.

Can you split this checkbox into several ones?
I think that two shortcuts (* and /) is overhead for most cases, so I want to disable one of them.

In other hand, is it possible to move these surrounding features to 'Surround with' snippets? For example, add 'shortcut' field for each snippet that allows to use this snippet the same way as / * etc.

Thank you.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Nov 20 2015 : 4:02:12 PM
case=91460 was for the new input field in the snippet editor.
case=91460 is implemented in build 2083.
EugeneKozlov Posted - Nov 20 2015 : 12:23:06 PM
Thank you for this feature.
I am downloading new build right now.
accord Posted - Nov 10 2015 : 12:13:16 PM
Actually, my screenshot was from the next build which will be released soon. But we already have the feature itself in build 2073, just in a different form.

VA Snippets with $selected$ can now be invoked with single characters, instead of only via menu, without overwriting the current selection. Use keyword SurroundWith= to identify the trigger, which can appear in addition to a normal, multi-character shortcut that causes a VA Snippet to appear in listboxes.

feline Posted - Nov 09 2015 : 5:16:41 PM
One further point, the current * shortcut does more than just surround the code. It also handles existing /* */ comment blocks inside the selected code, so you end up with a valid comment block, turning /* */ into / * * /, and reversing this when you uncomment.

So yes, you can use VA Snippets, but you won't get this extra handling that way.
accord Posted - Nov 09 2015 : 4:15:05 PM
We're working on separate checkboxes, and it should roll out as part of the build after the next, if everything goes well:

case=92431

Regarding shortcuts for other keys: if you launch the snippet editor (VAssistX -> Tools -> Edit VA Snippets...) you will see a new field called "Surround With" where you can put a key which you can use to surround the selected text with.

Furthermore, you can already specify characters for Surround Selection if you can't wait it to be added to the options dialog itself:
https://wholetomato.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W329

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000