Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Find References very slow in 2074

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kimbo Posted - Sep 09 2015 : 07:26:29 AM
Hello, since 2074 the "VA Find Reference" takes ages in my solution when searching for member references.

I can see lots of "Creating instance of template: ..." traces in the results window (VS process is at 100% the whole time). After 2 minutes I get a result. The next run on the same menber is fast, but any other will start the template creation again.

It's hard to work without a fast refrence search :(

Btw, the stop button doesn't work ;)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 26 2017 : 07:57:38 AM
Is this triggered by one or two specific templates in your code, or is it happening with most templates?

I am wondering if there is any chance of getting a copy of a small piece of code, just the outline of a single template class perhaps, that will reproduce this problem here. I appreciate this is often not possible, but its worth asking just in case. If this is possible, please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.
LD2017_ Posted - Jun 25 2017 : 12:36:25 PM
"VA Find References Results" is still very slow in 2212. Mostly waiting on "VA: Creating instance of template" messages, even when running a second search immediately after a first one.
sean Posted - Sep 16 2015 : 4:28:34 PM
We opened case=92005 for this.
case=92005 is fixed in build 2076.
sean Posted - Sep 11 2015 : 12:26:08 AM
If you're interested in trying a test build, 2075 has some updates that improves performance in my tests:
http://www.wholetomato.com/binaries/VA_X_Setup2075.exe

Note that this build is for testing purposes -- it has not gone through our QA process.
sean Posted - Sep 10 2015 : 2:13:11 PM
ok -- maybe someone else with the problem will be able to send in a log. In the meantime, I'll continue to investigate.
kimbo Posted - Sep 10 2015 : 11:08:07 AM
I don't think my company allows to submit such a log.

The last search took 10 minutes (va.log ~78000 lines). There are some "Exception: FDC::2733 9/10/2015 17:35:31 0xadc" entries (~30) in the error.log and lots of "WARN: FindFDS: concat def A len(2496) cnt(0)" (~52000) in the va.log. The other lines contain mostly "GNSS: popping ns cache for scope" (~18000) and "Creating instance of template" (~400).
sean Posted - Sep 09 2015 : 2:02:42 PM
Would you mind capturing a log during a run of your find references and sending it in? Instructions here: http://support.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W305

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000