Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 GotoRelated/Derived does not cross visual projects

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rico Posted - Apr 17 2015 : 03:59:48 AM
Hello,
When I ask for derivated class of a base class I do not get all derivated. It seems to me that I get only classes being in the same project of visual (.vcproj).

Note also that on my files architecture, the sources are not in same folder as the project file (.vcproj).
Actually I have:

root
 |
 |_ Folder1 (with sources of project1)
 |
 |_ Folder2 (with sources of project2)
 |
 |_ BuildVS2008
       |
       |_ Folder1 (with project1)
       |
       |_ Folder2 (with project2)

My VAX=
License: (1-user license) Support ends 2015.11.17
VA_X.dll file version 10.9.2059.0 built 2015.02.11
DevEnv.exe version 9.0.30729.1 Professional
msenv.dll version 9.0.30729.1
Font: Courier New 13 (pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 6.10.7601.17514
Windows 7 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1
12 processors (x86)
Language info: 1252, 0x40c

Platform: Custom
Stable Includes:
E:\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio_9.0\\VC\\include;
E:\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio_9.0\\VC\\atlmfc\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\include;

Other Includes:

Stable Source Directories:
E:\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio_9.0\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\mfc;
E:\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio_9.0\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\mfcm;
E:\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio_9.0\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\atl;
E:\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio_9.0\\VC\\crt\\src;

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Jun 11 2015 : 2:44:05 PM
case=89293 is fixed in build 2068
feline Posted - Apr 22 2015 : 11:27:21 PM
I am seeing the same problem here, and the Restrict Goto (alt+g) results to active project setting is not making any difference for me either:

case=89293
rico Posted - Apr 22 2015 : 02:31:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by accord

If you take a look at one of the derived classes which the command fails to list, do you see anything "uncommon"? For example, do you use macros to define the class or part of the class, or macros to define the namespace where the class lives in? Is there any "complex" macro before the class? e.g. macro calling other macros, etc. Macros may confuse the parser in rare circumstances it depends where and how you use them.

No, there are no macros at all.
The only noticeable point is that in all of the derivated classes there is multiple inheritance (of quite always same list of classes) and as I already said, one of the derivated is templated.
Note also That I have same "uncomplete list" whatever is the base class I choose to get list of derivated classes.
accord Posted - Apr 21 2015 : 6:30:46 PM
If you take a look at one of the derived classes which the command fails to list, do you see anything "uncommon"? For example, do you use macros to define the class or part of the class, or macros to define the namespace where the class lives in? Is there any "complex" macro before the class? e.g. macro calling other macros, etc. Macros may confuse the parser in rare circumstances it depends where and how you use them.
rico Posted - Apr 21 2015 : 04:34:13 AM
quote:
Originally posted by holedigger

Does GotoRelated on the derived class show the base classes correctly? Are any of the classes templates, in namespaces, or typedef'd?

- Actually yes, one of the derivated class is a template, and it is the one that is listed as a derivate (the other ones are not in the list)

- Yes the base class is always correct (even on the template type class) (note that it seams more easy as the base class is present on the derivated class definition).

rico Posted - Apr 21 2015 : 03:42:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by accord

Can you please try whether unticking the following checkbox makes any difference?
VA Options -> Projects and Files -> Restrict Goto (alt+g) result to active project

If not, can you please open the OFIS dialog (alt+shift+o) and check if the file where the derived class lives is in the list? (Just type the filename to filter.)
Visual Assist parses all files that are part of the solution, and those files should appear in this list.

- Unticking the checkbox does not make any difference
- Yes, the files are present
holedigger Posted - Apr 17 2015 : 2:32:19 PM
Does GotoRelated on the derived class show the base classes correctly? Are any of the classes templates, in namespaces, or typedef'd?
accord Posted - Apr 17 2015 : 1:57:13 PM
Can you please try whether unticking the following checkbox makes any difference?
VA Options -> Projects and Files -> Restrict Goto (alt+g) result to active project

If not, can you please open the OFIS dialog (alt+shift+o) and check if the file where the derived class lives is in the list? (Just type the filename to filter.)
Visual Assist parses all files that are part of the solution, and those files should appear in this list.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000