Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Macros about project name

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TearyWang Posted - Aug 16 2013 : 01:29:38 AM
I always use the project name as my root namespace, so I defined the snippet in editor with shortcut "name":

namespace $ProjectName$ {
$end$$selected$
} // namespace $ProjectName$

every time i input "name" the snippet arguments dialogs shows to wait my input the project name.
Now, i have more than 1 thousand files, any suggestion to resolve that?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TearyWang Posted - Sep 19 2014 : 12:53:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by sean

case=969 is implemented in build 2047

Thanks very much!
sean Posted - Sep 19 2014 : 12:36:12 AM
case=66480 is implemented in build 2047
sean Posted - Sep 19 2014 : 12:35:08 AM
case=969 is implemented in build 2047
feline Posted - Aug 17 2013 : 10:33:20 AM
We are considering allowing VA Snippets to pick up other IDE values, like the solution name:

case=76217

A separate case, since this is a bit more open ended.

When you get a VA Snippet to prompt you for a value, this can be converted to upper or lower case. I have put a note onto both cases about allowing the same conversion on project name, and other IDE values.
TearyWang Posted - Aug 16 2013 : 8:56:44 PM
Thanks very much for your replay.

In my current solution, current now are 47 projects, later, the new pojects will add.

I suggest that make VA Sinppets support the macro or environment variables in Visual Studio IDE, that make the problem easy, not only project name, but also all the other token, such as solution name, target output directory, etc.

By the more, can the VA Sinppets support any make UPPER case or LOWER case token?
The team claim that the project name have to be the whole word(s), the first letter in every word have to be UPPER case, but the namespace name have to be the LOWER case, such as, the project implemts a plugin, the main action is paint, so the project name have to be PaintPlugin or XXXXPaintPlugin, and the namespace name have to be paintplugin or xxxxpaitplugin.

I hope VA Sinppets and VAssistX become better, also thanks the VAssistX team.
feline Posted - Aug 16 2013 : 11:19:12 AM
We are considering adding a token to VA Snippets to insert the current project name:

case=969

Do you have a lot of projects in your solution? If you mainly work on one project at a time you could enter the current project name into the VA Snippet, and just edit this when changing projects.

Alternatively you could have 2 or 3 snippets with the same shortcut, one for each project, and then pick the snippet that matches the current project when you type the shortcut.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000