Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Rename dialog: Stop should not turn into Cancel

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Queequeg Posted - Jul 09 2014 : 08:11:59 AM
Misuse case: Refactor rename. While it scans, click on Stop, but at the exact same time the scan is done, the button turns into Cancel, and the dialog is closed. The intention was to save time because I as the user know that the scan is complete, but I have to do it all over again because the dialog was closed.

Suggestion: Add a separate Cancel button, and disable the Stop button once the scan is complete.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Sep 19 2014 : 12:38:39 AM
case=83648 is fixed in build 2047
Queequeg Posted - Jul 14 2014 : 04:28:35 AM
<3
Dusan Posted - Jul 11 2014 : 10:44:46 AM
This will be fixed in next release:

case=83648
Dusan Posted - Jul 10 2014 : 07:27:49 AM
We could perhaps make that button disabled for a while (500ms) after changing it to "Cancel". That should avoid this issue.
feline Posted - Jul 09 2014 : 3:22:44 PM
Do you see this problem often? I can see that this will be difficult, but it should only happen when the timing is exact, when you press Stop just as the find finishes running.

To help speed up the search, have you trued turning off "Search all projects" in the Rename dialog, assuming you want to do a rename that is limited to the current project.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000