Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Go To Implementation for auto

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
smurfjones Posted - May 30 2014 : 4:33:36 PM
I use 'Go To Implementation' (alt+g) all the time. I also have been starting to use the auto keyword very frequently. For types declared auto pressing alt+g on the auto keyword taking me to the implementation of the deduced type would be golden.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Sep 19 2014 : 12:33:55 AM
case=82118 is implemented in build 2047
feline Posted - Jun 26 2014 : 1:04:58 PM
Thank you for the update, it is good to know what people are interested in and will find useful, this helps us to prioritise things sensibly. We are looking into this, but I don't have an estimate for when it will be done yet.
Predelnik Posted - Jun 23 2014 : 09:14:31 AM
I would like to second this, for unique, shared ptr it makes a lot of sense to use auto because name with templated parameter may be kinda long and redundant, but in that case there's no way to go to related template argument definition because it's hidden inside auto. It would be nice if "Goto related" would work for such cases.
sean Posted - Jun 03 2014 : 4:35:26 PM
We intend to offer up more types for Goto Related (alt+shift+g) that would fit the bill in your example. case=82118
smurfjones Posted - Jun 03 2014 : 4:27:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by sean

In many cases, it already does. If you have examples where it is failing, please post. Work on auto support is an ongoing endeavor.

Also, if you have build 2036, goto related (alt+shift+g) is useful on variables declared as auto.

I didn't have the latest version so this wasn't working, but I got latest build and its working now.

However, many times my auto declarations are to a templated type, and the alt+g will take me to the definition of the template itself not templated type.

so for example alt+g on

std::shared_ptr< Foo > pFoo = make_foo();

written as

auto pFoo = make_foo();

will take me to the definition of shared_ptr rather than foo.
sean Posted - May 30 2014 : 10:34:46 PM
In many cases, it already does. If you have examples where it is failing, please post. Work on auto support is an ongoing endeavor.

Also, if you have build 2036, goto related (alt+shift+g) is useful on variables declared as auto.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000