Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Syntax Highlighting in Find References Results

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TripShock Posted - Jul 31 2013 : 11:26:17 AM
If I recall correctly (I'm not so sure anymore), enhanced syntax highlighting used to be applied to the VA Find References Results window too. I recently performed an OS upgrade and now I don't see that anymore; results are listed in plain colors. Was this a configurable setting, and how can I reset this? I've set the "Fonts and Colors" option in Quick Config to max.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TripShock Posted - Nov 19 2013 : 11:30:01 AM
Confirmed. Thanks!
sean Posted - Nov 18 2013 : 3:10:35 PM
case=75892 is fixed in build 2007
feline Posted - Aug 02 2013 : 2:30:11 PM
Upgrading to Windows 8.1 seems to be the problem, I am seeing the same problem here after applying the upgrade. I have put in a bug report for this, thank you for the report, I had not tried this update yet, so had not seen this coming:

case=75892
TripShock Posted - Aug 01 2013 : 1:26:11 PM
Tried all that. Also tried:

1. Completely uninstalling VA, deleting settings in registry, and deleting any remaining files in %AppData%, and then reinstalling. Got the default settings, set "Fonts and Colors" to max, still seeing the issue.
2. Reset all VS settings to defaults for "Visual C++" environment, still seeing the issue.
3. Tried changing color themes, and changing them back.

Note that I performed an OS upgrade to Windows 8.1 Preview. I think I started seeing the issue right after that. Definitely did not see it on Windows 8, but I don't recall if I saw it right after upgrading or shortly after.
sean Posted - Aug 01 2013 : 12:52:47 PM
Might also try changing to another theme and then switch back to dark.
feline Posted - Aug 01 2013 : 12:30:42 PM
I have your settings, thank you for these. So far no sign of any problems here, using Windows 7 64bit and VS2012 with VA 1949.

One thing I did notice though, when I imported your settings VS2012 was still using the light theme, not the dark theme showing in your screen shots. I manually changed the IDE theme to dark, and VA syntax highlighting is still being applied to Find References Results for me.

Can you please go into:

IDE tools menu -> Extensions and Updates...

select Visual Assist X, disable VA, and then restart your IDE. After the restart can you go back into Extensions and Updates, Enable VA and restart the IDE again. Does this make any difference?
TripShock Posted - Jul 31 2013 : 7:01:49 PM
Sent.
feline Posted - Jul 31 2013 : 6:08:26 PM
There is some difference, but as you say, the function name DriverEntry is not being coloured. Can you please export your VA and IDE settings and send them to me:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

I can then import them here and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

This will also let me see what your colour scheme looks like in the editor, which will be useful information.
TripShock Posted - Jul 31 2013 : 2:09:04 PM
VA version: 10.7.1949.0 (I updated from 1940 after seeing this issue, to see if it fixes it).

IDE: 11.0.60610.01 Update 3

With "Views" checked:

With "Views" unchecked:

I seem to remember the coloring being more extensive; for instance, the function names (like DriverEntry in this example) were also colored, I believe.
feline Posted - Jul 31 2013 : 1:44:54 PM
Can you double check that you have:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Fonts and Colors -> Apply Colouring to -> Views

turned On please? If this is turned On, can you try turning it Off, using OK to close the VA options dialog, then turning this back on again.

With this turned On, are you seeing VA syntax highlighting being applied to VA Outline or VA View?

Which IDE and version of VA are you using?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000